Wednesday, August 27, 2014

GOD'S LITTLE NOBODY

Sometimes-well, often, I wonder what makes people tick.  Is it their DNA, random chemical make-up and synapse, social and culture environment and/or experiences?  I just wonder.
Americans are so diverse that I think it would be really hard to pinpoint or nail down what and who we are as a nation of people. And being "human" we are a complex vessels of emotions, ambitions, foibles and experiences as well as expectations.  I am not even sure of what makes me "tick" other than one infallible belief.


Do you know what and who you are; where you have been or where you are going?  Most of us really do not because for one reason or another we do not take the time to think about it.  We just go with the ebb and flow of the tides, never learning to swim.  We hope we can float our boats and never need oars to propel us through dark waters, not need a sail for the wind or stars to steer by.


Most of the Apostles were like that-just like us-until Jesus walked along the shores of Galilee and spoke to the fishermen; "Come, follow me and I will make you fishers of men."  And they did.  Would you?


As I don't know what makes us tick I can only state that I firmly believe that there is a God, a one true God in the Heavens.  I think all of humanity knows this on some level or another; past, present and always.  We are the sum product of a greater existence other than our own.  Yes, it is a mystery.  I am not referring to aliens in spaceships, but to the Holy Trinity...The Father, Son and Holy Spirit.  I just believe and place my trust and soul in God.


I am a rather simple person; not an intellectual or a theologian or of any great importance at all.  I am just me...a creature of God.  I call myself "Nobody.  God's little nobody.  That makes me "somebody."  I am "somebody" to my Lord.  And God is All.  It doesn't take a big brain or diplomas plastering  the walls to know that there is something...someone...grater than self.  I just accept it.  I know it.  It is intrinsic element of my soul and spirit.  I am part of God and He is part of me.


Some of God's people are given great graces and insights or great gifts of the Spirit.  I don't have any of those and I don't kid myself about ever having such blessing.  At the same time those gifts and graces would be a heavy burden to carry and I know that I am "weak."  So, I do not expect any of them or desire them.  I must be content to know that I am loved by my God and to love Him in return, to the best of my ability.  Peace to all who happen upon this poor blog.


END

No comments: