Friday, October 3, 2008

LivingLessons

Waiting to exhale? Don't hold your breath. You'll turn purple. Your alive..or will be if you exhale and breath deep. Ahh, just smell that polluted air!

Every blog I read is fraught with doom and gloom. I'm poor so I have no money to lose..unless the government defaults and keeps my Social Security check.

But be happy!! I have good cheer brewing away in the back room, food in the pantry, gas in the tank and plenty of toilet paper.

The government wouldn't have to default to take my s.s. check..or yours. They have been doing it for years. You know, borrowing against it, like every thing else they have siphoned off .

Back to the Home Brew. My grape vine was very productive this summer. I called 2 different charities to see if they wanted to come pick them.

"Oh Yes!" they say. No one called back. No one came to pick them. These charities must be getting government bailouts or big donations so they did't need to expand their energies.

So I am making wine. I should have 6 or 7 bottles by Christmas. When I have it strained and bottled I will take some over to the residents that I used to take care of.

Wine is so easy to make.
I pureed grapes in the blender.
Strained it 3 times
Put it in gallon jugs
Put in 5 or 6 of cups sugar
Put in plain old bread yeast
Capped it with balloons and rubber bands
and watched it bubble merrily away!

That Little Old Wine Maker-MEB

No comments: