Wednesday, April 30, 2014

"FOUR LETTER WORDS"

Work and love go together like two peas in a pod.  They are both "four letter words."  They are symbiotic.  They pair nicely.  Hate is another "four letter word."  It does not belong.  It  is a parasite word/emotion that feeds off jealousy of spirit, lust for that which is not earned or freely given  We all have a little of "the green eyed monster" within us.  It is evil, lurking in the souls of the best of us.  Admit it.  We have all had an attack of this "super bug" of spiritual bacteria at some time or another, perhaps frequently.  Umm, don't say you haven't 'cause like me, your only human.


Work in itself, is not necessarily a virtue.  Many work to live or live to work. Circumstances vary around the world through culture, ethics, governments, economics or other fluctuations in life.


When you pair work with love it becomes a virtue for you are then doing God's work.  You are now doing an activity for someone or many of God's people. Your work is no longer in the "survival of the fittest" mode, but survival of all of us through pairing and making it an offering of love.


When and if you and I are able to  live under the umbrella of work and love...there is no room for that other "four letter word;" hate.  It is squeezed out and becomes impotent in our hearts.  I could "hate" a lot of people and circumstances, but I choose not to.  It is a non-productive emotion that saps the soul and spirit.  I have enough to think about  and do without the soul sucking effects of negativity that rides shotgun in the front seat.


I am not perfect.  I am subject to the zapper sapper of my inner peace with God occasionally.  I do try to rise above it and pray myself out of it because hate will not make me a better person, healthier, better looking, younger or put more food on my plate.  Haters wear many hats and sometimes you can not tell the differences between the four letter words, but only by the fruits of the tree.  I pray that your tree and mine are fruitful.  Just don't take a big "bite from the apple."

Just something extra.  The price of food, esp. meat and fresh vegetables, continue to rise.  Those on fixed incomes or are drawing low wages are really aware of this.  So, with that thought in mind, I think eggs will become the new meat/protein.  Where I live I can still buy eggs for .85 cents a dozen with a limit of five dozen.  I can get milk for $1.45 per gallon.  These are good sources of protein, minerals and vitamins.  While these are price leader to draw you into the store to shop...I go in and get what I need and then I am done. There are many ways to cook eggs and to serve them.  The simplest way is to fry your eggs and drink your milk!  Not everyone likes the same thing over and over.  So I am adding this recipe just for the anyone who is interested.

SCRAMBLED EGGS
LIGHT AND FLUFFY

2 eggs broken in to bowl
add two or more
teaspoons of milk
add 1 teaspoon of flour
add salt and pepper to taste
whisk well
pour into hot oil or buttery pan
...not too hot!
The fluffy eggs should
cook up quickly...
like an omelet.
Turn burner off as egg
start to cook around the edges
and a slight bubble in the center.
The heat of the pan
will cook the eggs the
rest of the way.

So easy even I can do it!

END






























No comments: