Wednesday, April 2, 2014

THE BLESSED SACRAMENT IS LONSOME FOR YOU

This just about the middle of a long day so I am writing what I can, as I can, and hoping to finish it before I go to bed.  I have spent the better part of the day in my Dr's office trying  this insurance problem straightened out.  This has been an ongoing difficulty since Jan.  It isn't easy as the American Insurance system is broken.




We have had a couple of really nice days here, but the forecast is for heavy rains tomorrow and I plan to go to Father Dieg's funeral.  You know, we hear a whole lot about the priest that go rogue, but we seldom hear about the "good guys" and Father Dieg was a good guy; one of the best.


This evening there will be a mass at 6 P. M. and adoration   until 8 P. M.  I hope I don't fall asleep as I am already tired  I need to get up early in the morning.


All right; this is how it works.  When the last bell rings classes or over and school is out for the day and there is a mad dash for the doors, buses, cars or the streets home.  When Mass is over there is a mad dash for the doors, cars or home.  It doesn't matter that Father just put the Blessed Sacrament on the alter for adoration.  Some of stayed, Some left after just a short time, some stayed a little longer.  I stayed.  I looked around and I was the only one left.  I think Father was showing me a little mercy and removed the Blessed Sacrament about ten minutes early.


We are blessed that we can still go to church and have a chance to pray before the Blessed Sacrament, enjoy and profit from "Freedom of Religion."  Not everyone or every country practices their religion without some kind of repercussions.  We are blessed...so far.  Take advantage of what each of us is offered and pray your own way, but don't lose the right to do so.  It is an evil creeping up on us.  


So...this day has passed and I need to rest because another long day  up on awaits me.  Thursday is creeping on ME!


END





No comments: