Thursday, January 23, 2014

WORKING THROUGH IT

Last eve. I did not get home until after midnight.  After the Sisters left upon selling the home, things have changed very quickly and the home is  becoming very secular and "non denominational."  The residents of the home didn't have a very Christian oriented Christmas.




A friend and I tried to make up for it by giving them a very big party with lots of presents and pizza.  My friend did a lot of cooking as well, and had baked several pies, and lots of appetizers. I didn't get as much done as I wanted because previously I "slid" on the ice on my front steps.  One step caught me right across the lower lumber area.  So, my transmission was out of commission.  I did more sitting than moving around because when your gears are not "meshing" in the right manner...well, your little engine kind of sputters along.  I was not hitting on all cylinders.


I did manage to get five dozen deviled eggs done and some presents wrapped.  The deviled eggs seem to go over well.  It looked like Christmas in January.  The residents were overfed and happy.


Back to my misadventure on the ice on the front steps; I had taken 1/2 a pain killer before the party, thinking it would it would see me through the eve.  It didn't.  I took a whole tab when I got home and slept through the night.  I still have some low lumbar pain, but I plan on staying off my feet as much as possible.  I do not like ice!  But that is life.  It is full of little ups and downs.  I offer up my achy bottom for all the deep sufferings and pains of all God's people.


END

No comments: