Wednesday, July 30, 2014

STUFF OF MEANDERINGS

I have stopped using my credit cards.  I have been hacked twice in the space of three months.  It isn't like I have lots of money to tempt someone.  I have just enough to pay debts.  Obviously scammer/hackers do not care how they hurt people when they "rob the bank."  That is really what it is; bank robbery.  It is like taking food out of some one's mouth and not because they need it, but want it.


I have started using old fashioned checks.  It is safer.  It is less convenient, slower and you need a valid ID.  I can live with that.  My personal information is out there somewhere in cyberspace.  My check book isn't.  While not completely free of fraud and forgery it is back to what worked and still does.


I have been thinking about meditations.  There has been a lot written about meditations and spirituality.  I don't think I can add much to an abundance of literature  about what meditations and spirituality are and how to practice in our own lives.  In the end I think meditations are the quest for a greater communion with God and that each of us must find our own way.   


Meditations are a supposed to empty the mind of all distractions and busyness of the temporal/physical world-to shut it out and focus on God and only on God.  Can you do that?  I can't.  I know there are rare people that can and do, but for me it would be as difficult as trying to tell my heart to stop beating.  I try, but I am not of saintly caliber.  The worse thing for me is that when I try to meditate...I think about food!  Even when I go to Mass I think about food!  Perhaps the thoughts of food infringing during a meditation or during Mass is a kind of spiritual nourishment.  Or at least I would like to thinks so...Ha!


I am getting back up to speed with my daily prayers.  My arm still hurts, but not as badly as it did.  I am making progress.  I did drive to the store to get some little things.  As I can not lift well yet, I didn't get much.  But then I don't need much.


END

No comments: