Friday, February 6, 2009

Miricals

A note for Paul.
Yes, Paul, I do beive in miracles. If only one or one set of parents were to read my post and act upon it in some small way I would be well please and consider THAT a miracle.
What if ...doesn't mean you must abide be those precepts/ideas. I know that this is a selfish society, has a corrupt government, and the most expensive educational, but poorly rated school system in the world. It is just questions I tossed out there.

I attended the last one-room school in the State of New Jersey. We were the Fourth, fifth and sixth grade students on the River Road. Soon after we were in a "modern" 3 room school.It was a brand new brick structure situated in the middle of a large acreage of former farmland. I think those were the best of my school rear memories.

Previously we had lived in upstate N. Y. in the "snow belt." We walked to the 1 mile to the bus stop. If we missed the bus there we walked another mile to the "four corners" to catch the bus as it looped back to go to school. You wouldn't catch a kid doing anything near that cold or strenuous in these days.

Our days of luxury may be numbered and the easy life just memories of the past if the economy doesn't change and the government doesn't get honest. Not my past...but yours.

No comments: