Saturday, February 28, 2009

Cliamate Warming

It s cold today with the snow flitting and blowing off and on and I don't like it. Some people like freezing and winter weather vagaries; I don't. Even 'though I have been trying to be conservative using utilities I did turn on my little electric heater. I would rather be warm and poor. After surgery I left a lot of lights on because I was afraid I would need to get up in the night and trip or fall over something in the night as my balance isn't not as good as it was 3 months ago. However, I am progressing and this week I started conserving again, but I still don't like shivering. So I won't.

I have been reading Mayberry's blog "Keep It Simple" where the weather is comparatively warmer and Treesong's site where it has got to be colder than ****. I don't like it to hot or too cold. I wonder if there is a happy medium within the continental U. S. ...just wishing and wondering.

Our family lived in upstate NY at one time and the snow would drift over six foot high snow fences. We, as little kids, could tunnel under the deeper snow like little rabbits, but we froze outside and then inside when we went into the house. Survivalist can hype up living off the land and bugging out, but believe me, it wouldn't be any picnic in any kind of weather. Our family were pretty much survivalist, not by choice, but because of the economy.I wouldn't want to live like that again, however I have learned to like beans again after many years of shunning them as a food source.

So, I chose to be a little warmer and eat other foods the the bug out boys would probably gasp about. I chose to be comfortable for as long as possible in these times of failing government and economy...yes, I am slighly spoiled.

No comments: