Sunday, February 22, 2009

There is a reason...

There is a reason that most women don't want to get on board the Survival Train. It is work intensive, time consuming, hard work. There is a reason that electric appliances were invented and autos built America. Say what you will I would hate to lose what we have and become a third world county or even live a primitive live that so many seem to advocate. I could adjust to some of it, but prefer not to. I am older, have had some recent setbacks and live on S. S. that I paid into for forty years or more. Knowing that the government may send out IU's on "entitlementd" that they stole and I worked hard to pay into and that pensions may be in jeopardy, I do urge women to pay attention to at least study up and prepare the best way they can.

A problem: Most women born into the 60's and thereafter don't have a clue and couldn't survive very well for very long. As Mayberry says, "Wake up"!!

Most modern girls and boys get their bread from Bunny Bread or rolls from fast food joints They need to learn how to bake bread and be prepared to do so. I can bake bread from scratch, but can you? I, like everyone else prefer to get my bread at the bread store. I'd rather not have to bake in the summer time, but if the economy fishtails or goes belly up, I can and will even if it gets to 100 degrees in Ky. in the summer time. That being said, here is a suggestion for those that can't, never did, won't try or just don't know how and will not learn. Remember,"Bread is the staff of life."

Buy Jiffy Corn Bread Mix/ It is relatively cheep easy to store, comes pre-packaged and requires three ingredients. Milk, an egg and the mix and bakes fast.You can even bake in an old cast iron pan ofer an open fire. Read the directions and save at least one box for directions. Buy as many boxes as you can afford and store. You can even open the boxes and repack. Save any empty boxes for fire fodder.

I think of my older sister as a pretty good "can do" woman. But Oh! You poor, spoiled,younger generation!!

Eat well, sleep well, live well and prepare.

No comments: