Monday, July 15, 2013

Dinning in vs. dnning out

Dinning out while waiting for the repair work to start on the kitchen ceiling to get started...has its drawbacks.  It is fun for the short term, but then it gets old and expensive.  The food is not always that good, often greasy or dripping oil, esp. in the fast food places.  For the most part I would rather "dine in" and eat my own cooking.  However, the work will not began on the kitchen until around the 22 of July.  I will be happy when its done and to have my kitchen again.

I have one and only one, lonely CD.  I am thinking of cashing it in as soon as it matures and getting the rest of the house up to par.  It will depend on how far I can stretch the small amount of revenue.  It has never made any money so I might as well use it for a good purpose later on down the road.

I am meditation about meditating.  Sounds a little redundant, does it not?  Meditation just is not easy as the mind and heart gets cluttered up with so many distractions.  The min-hoarder of the mind...that's me.  There is a lifetime of images, thoughts, events, desires. regrets and expectations that filter in and out of my attempts of meditation.   Once in a while a little light shins through the clouds and trees and that makes it all worth while as I peer into an open glade in the forest.  There is a small brilliance cascading into my heart and soul.  It may be for only a minute, a second, but I want it back and I continue the quest after that small, fleeting moment through mediation and prayer.

I can't tell anyone how or when to meditate.  Hopefully meditation becomes a daily practice.  There are all kinds of grues and meditations and informational religious sites on the Internet.  In the end you will have to find your own way to that which what raises your spiritual level and communion with God. Of course, I am referring to a mainly Christian spirituality.  However, if you are of another persuasion and wish the meditate for the good of your soul and the common good of ALL people...then do so.

Silence:  It is pretty hard to find these days.  I think that if I were to find absolute and true silence...then I would die for I would be in union with God.  In meditation we get a glimpse of that union and seek after it.  I think God intends for us to  to get just a glimpse and feel the trueness of silence for it keeps us on the path to heavenly attainment. 

I wish I were capable and literate enough to convey what I think and feel, but I am not.  I never was the sharpest pencil in the pencil box and that is why I have an eraser and use it frequently..

If I may make a suggestion:  Find a quiet corner, space or even a closet and turn it into a meditation/prayer area, free of visual or noisy distraction if possible.  You can add some sacramentals to aid your focus, if needed, but don't make it too busy.  You can add some soft, soothing music to help you, if you desire.  I like the Gregorian Chants.  They lend themselves well to a relaxing spiritual atmosphere.  Meditation is prayer and in truth you can pray anywhere.  Often conducive conditions are very helpful.  Pray well.


END
 
So, I am a religious nerd.

No comments: