Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Waiting..waiting..

Waiting...waiting...waiting.  I am tired of waiting for the workers to come and fix the ceiling in the kitchen.  I know that they will go and do the "big jobs" or the money jobs first, but I am getting tired of eating out while I wait.  As it is supposed to rain hard tomorrow...that is when they will probably come...and track up the house with dirt and debre'.   and crud.  And I will probably be happy about it as it long as it gets done.

I have been moving as many things out of the kitchen...out of the way.  Now I have stuff piled up in the living room. It is a good opportunity to see how much stuff that has accumulated over time that I know I will never use.  It's time for another trip to the Salvation Army.

I don't get as much done now as I don't use my arm all that well since I broke it a few years ago, so a lot of canning jars will go.  I have a ton of freezer boxes that will also find a new home at the S. A.  I guess I will keep my big canner, but store it in case I do cann a few things.

Ummm.  My bad.  I forgot to post this last evening.  I got to doing other things and by the time I remembered it was around 1a.m. and I was not about to get up out of bed and post this

Well...I am still waiting.  This is the second day of waiting.  I really don't like this "hurry up and wait" situation, but I know everything is in God's time and not of my own.  But...but, I would really be happy if the repairs it get done soon.

As I was thing of God's time, I was thinking of how fast the second hand on my watch goes 'round and 'round.  Life is similar.  It goes by pretty fast and you wonder where all the time went and why I or we...didn't get more or better things accomplished during the span allotted to us.  I know that I am inclined to be a tad lazy; or maybe a more then a tad.  I often put off today what should have been done yesterday or last week.  Time is like a precious commodity that you want to invest in and not store it up for the "big crash" that you may or may not see coming.  You can't store up your earthly treasures, for your true treasures are of heaven and of the love of Jesus.  You can not lock up your real wealth in a safe deposit box or bank for use on a rainy day.  You just can't.  Time is treasure to use in the "now" for good of self and all.  Spend your time wisely and cash in on the rewards later...for you will be compensated for your "time" of living well and doing good.

In saying this and knowing this...I am still a tad or more...lazy.  I am working on it.

END





No comments: