Tuesday, June 18, 2013

MORE WORDS

A sharp tongue is a weapon. It is a barbed instrument of verbal torture.  The lying tongue is a sinister mode of destruction.  The poison tongue is the most lethal weapon  of all.  Combine any of the three and you have a powerful weapon of destruction, if not your very own path of self deception, than to the detriment of someone or others.

Your voice is a tool:  a God given gift of and for communication.  Use it wisely for the praise and glory of His name.  Evangelize if possible.  Let your voice be an instrument of peace, joy and love.  Use your voice for the greater good, not for harm or self deprivation, or to bring someone or others down. 

I hate perpetual pity parties.  They drive people away.  Rather than complain, moan and groan, try to lift some one's spirits or station in life.  I have never been a "well" person.  Who cares?  No one cares, but me and I can not change my health status, become better looking, or more appealing to anyone I may encounter.  But I can change my persona, attitude, social and religious aspects.  I know that there is always someone "worse off" than me or the reader of this page.  If I say "get over yourself" I don't mean it in a harsh way, but really...get over yourself.

As I write this I consider all the negative people I have met and associated with in my life time.  A negative person is an unhappy individual who really needs friends and support, but often drives others away.  We need one another, but I often find myself not wishing to be with or around certain personalities.  It is hard to overcome my attitude toward such people, but I try and it is a trial.  It is my own personal failing and not theirs.  I hope and pray that I can be more supportive to those that see only the sad-bad-hopelessness side of life.  I want to remember that a coin has two sides and they are different, but seldom looked at.  Look at the quarter in your pocket and you will see perhaps a face on one side and an emblem on the other.  What holds the two sides together is the rim, the circle that goes round and round, without end.  That is how I pray to be, like the circle edge that has no beginning or end.

We are the creation of God who has no beginning or end. Thus we or me, should strive for a continuous circle of love, joy, peace, good counsel, and worship of the One who made us.  We need to be co-creators and become better, more imbued with the Holy Spirit.  If not for Him at least for our companions that make this journey with us.

+++
FOR IN HIM
WE LIVE,
AND MOVE
AND HAVE
OUR OWN
WELL BEING.
 
***
 
By now any readers of this blog have noticed that I am not posting as frequently.  By not posting each night I have more time to "think" rather than try to grind something out.  We all need to have time to reflect and consider.  I think I will probably just submit something on a Monday eves.  I hope that meets with your approval and acceptance.  PAX
 
End









No comments: