Monday, June 24, 2013

A SPOONFUL OF SUGAR



Remember the song by Elvis, "Kentucky Rain?  Well Elvis must be singing up a storm 'cause we have it (rain) and lots of it.  It's a good thing my little house sits up high because there is a lot of flash flooding going on and all around.

There were so many things going on during the past couple of months that I forgot to pay my house insurance and it was canceled.  I called on Friday and they told me it could be  reinstated.  It didn't work out that way.  I had to get a whole new policy.  However, the new policy is better and cheaper, so I guess that is what was meant to be.

I thought I was finished with my eye surgeries, but it  turns out that the right eye is "clouding" over and the vision is fuzzy.  I will have laser surgery to correct this in Sept.  Then I hope I will be done with this, and all the trips to the Dr. are over. It is also causing a deep hole in my pocketbook.  Don't think for a minute that Obamacare is what we were lead to believe.

There really isn't much to mention and not a whole lot going on.  That is the way I like it; my life quiet and peaceful and without major events.

+++
 
 A MERRY HEART
DOES GOOD
LIKE MEDICINE.
 
Proverbs 17: 22
 
***
 
I believe I used this same quote/passage before, but that's OK as I have been told that there is nothing new under the sun.  A little spiritual medicine is good for whatever ails us and I have observed that happy or merry people live longer and recover from the adversities of life faster.  I try to stay positive and sing the song "A SPOONFUL OF SUGAR MAKES THE MEDICINE GO DOWN" and it does.  A person's general outlook, esp. if it is positive, is a good remedy for just about anything...yes?...yes.  Anyone have a cupful of sugar to lend?  If not, I will be a good neighbor and lend you some of mine.
 
END



No comments: