Monday, June 10, 2013

THE PUZZLE OF LIFE

When we lose our friends, one by one, we are saddened and we cry.  When we lose our parents we cry a lot for we have lost our true "best friends."  As we lose our brothers or sisters we see increasing empty spots in the puzzle of life. Some of the pieces are missing and we can't complete the picture and have it look as it once did, not so long ago.  At some point we step back and look at the puzzle with a more scrutinizing eye.  It is then that the we realize that the picture puzzle has fooled us.  All the blanks are filled and there are no missing pieces to the puzzle...except for one blank spot.  It is mine.  It is the piece that I will fill in...in due time.  The puzzle will be complete and finished as God wills it to be, for it was and by His hand that the puzzle was painted.  Not by my hand or yours, but by the greatest of artist with the deftest of strokes.  It is alright to cry for the loves and people that are not with us any longer.  After all, that's why God invented tear ducts isn't it...so we could flood all the empty spaces in the puzzle until all the blanks places are filled and running over?  "My cup runneth over" but not a drop has spilled.

OK.  What's new.  Not much.  I went to the garage to make an appointment to have the van worked on.  As I mentioned the fuel line is leaking and I can smell it.  The van has 40.000 miles on it and I have already had to have a fair amount of work done on it.  My first van was a jewel, but this one, while not a lemon, isn't a yummy milk dud either.

I am seriously considering making some changes in my life.  I will...or maybe not...let you know later.

+++
BE KIND
TO ONE ANOTHER,
TENDERHEARTED,
FORGIVING
ONE ANOTHER.
 
Ephesians 4: 32
 
Oh, it sounds good when you read it in the Old Testament and on paper, but it is often easier said than carried forth in a practical, real life manner.  If it were there would be peace and not wars, plenty and not famine, joy rather than wounds to the souls of men.  If only we could put into action the words of the Bible...as Christ wants us to do...it would be a far different world.  He shed His blood and gave His life for the New Covenant that we speak of, but fail to live so often.  So true of me, also, as I have the biggest mouth in the south and often my tongue drags and I trip over it.  Yes, I do..sigh.
 
END
 
caution: don't let your tongue drag!! 

 


 

No comments: