Tuesday, June 4, 2013

WAR...IT'S WAR I SAY!

I have declared war on mice. This a battle that I fight every spring and fall.  I didn't invite them in and they are not welcome guest.  I don't want them, but they love to come visit and stay past beyond all tolerance.  They are like bedbugs and roaches(which I don't have);once they get comfortable...they are hard to get rid of.

Most poisons and old fashioned traps do not work, but I found one that really does a good job.  It is a black plastic gizmo that is easy to bait and easy to set and you get to keep all your fingers.  I think I paid around $4 dollars for it, but it has worked well and is well made.  It is made by PIT Corporation, but I am not sure that is the correct name for it.

I use gloves when I dispose of dead mice.  Mice, like any rodent, carries fleas, bacteria and germs.  If you remember your history it was rats that set off the Black Plague in Europe that decimated the population.  I often wonder how my own ancestors  survived that epidemic...just tough, I guess.

When I first started this blog it was primarily for my family so that they could keep up with all my transgression.  Now that several of them are gone I feel like giving it up.  I may just post at will or a lot less.  I may keep it going just for the readers that have found this blog and tagged along.  They were welcomed to share the ride.  Now I need to unwind from trying to post something every day.  You do understand, don't you?  I hope so.

END

No comments: