Monday, April 29, 2013

CORNY AND NERDY, THAT'S ME

Monday, Monday.  It's Monday again.  How did that happen..all over again?  It crept up on me..in the dark..overnight.  At least it isn't a "Blue Monday."  The sun is shinning brightly and it is 70 degrees outside.  All is as God has decreed this day to be.  At least in my little world.. and I hope and pray in your corner of the cosmos, as well.

No one is immune to loses, bad news or bad days, and no one ever promised that life would be smooth sailing on a sea of bliss and contentment.  We all have our battles to fight, days that just don't go right or even a life time of misery and suffering.  As my Mother used to tell me, "There is always someone who is worse off than you," and I'll bet mos of you had your Mothers tell you the same thing.  Yes, ups and downs are a part of living and they are also teaching tools of experience, growing in the Spirit, with a modicum of wisdom and love for our fellow travelers. 

For this reason I try to to stay upbeat and positive, prayerful and thoughtful on a daily basis.  It isn't always easy and I make plenty of mistakes, say or do the wrong things  at the wrong time.  That's what makes us human, and to gather the courage and desire to pick ourselves up and continue on.  The one thing I do know with certainty is that God does forgives us for our many blunders and missteps unless the errors we make are made with intent and malice.  Even then, we have a merciful, forgiving God.  I suppose this sounds corny or nerdy to many of my readers, but I guess that I would suggest that followers read the Book of Job.  Job, in all his trials and sufferings, never lost sight that God was with him and kept his faith.  It must have been so very hard for him to place his trust in God, giving all that he endured.  It is often very hard for us to d so, but  keep your faith and never give up.

+++
 
IF YOU LIVE IN ME,
AND MY WORDS
LIVE IN YOU,
YOU SHALL ASK
WHAT YOU WILL,
AND IT SHALL
BE DONE.
 
John 15: 7
 
***
 
Do you believe in the Word of God?  Hopefuly you do.  the gospels recorded by the Saints have sustained so many throughout the ages.  God hears our prayers even if we think He isn't listening; He is.  Perhaps His answer is no answer or not what we want to hear.  You may wonder why so many bad things happen to good people.  God does not make suffering and pain come to us; it is just happens.  Keep in mind that a lot of good occurs to God's people, as well.  Be one of God's people no matter how narrow and rough the road.  Stay on course and it will lead you to where you want to go...to God and His heavenly kingdom. 
 
End
 
Please forgive any typos
and bad format.  I am
still struggling
with topsy turvy
vision and will be
for a few weeks.
 


No comments: