Friday, April 26, 2013

Oh, Stressful Me!

This was a stressful day.  We all have them at one time or another.  Sometimes we have many stressful days or few.  Generally I have few, but today was an exception.

With the new moon I didn't sleep well at all.  Then I had to get up(yuk) and get my self in gear for the day.  I went to noon-time mass and then to Captain D's for lunch.  They got my order mixed up, gave me a new order, but I didn't have time to eat it as I needed to get to my Dr's appointment in 15 minutes.  That only gave me a short time to drive 12 miles.  I tossed my meal into a "take out box," stopped and got some gas, was desperate to go to the bath room, and took off over the bridge.  I got there in the nick of time, made it into the bath room and was called back for my follow up.  My B/P was 194/80.  Duh!  The other day it was 122/60, so you know that I was uptight and stressed out.

So, the good thing about the day is that my vision is 20/20 in the left eye and the pressure has come down a little.  The right eye is 200/80..?..not  so good.  The left eye will be done May 14.  Then I will have eagle vision?  No, I will still need a mild prescription...reading glasses.  Now, if they could just do something about my double chin and gray hair!

So.. then I got home, changed my cloths, and mowed the back yard in the rain.  I didn't get the front yard done as I was getting wet and cold.  What a busy day and strange spring...enough to stress someone out, I think.

I used a used, but clean, aluminum foil to "scrub" my kitchen sink and stopper.  It works well as it is crumpled up and abrasive.  I do have good cleansers, but it is just a way to use less chemicals and make the foil do double duty.  Now, if I just had a robot to clean the house.

+++
 
I WILL BOTH
ME DOWN
IN PEACE,
AND SLEEP:
FOR YOU, LORD,
ONLY MAKES ME
DWELL IN SAFETY.
 
Psalm 4: 8
 
 
***
 
The readings of the gospel have been about the sheep, the Shepherd and the lambs.  Father also spoke of Saint Luke, his gospels and how others really used and preached his sermons or writings.  We do not often hear that some the other Saints and preachers benefited from his gospels and letters.  I don't remember hearing of Saint Luke's other influences on the early church, but I think I will try to read more about St. Luke.
 
END
 
 
 

 


 

No comments: