Thursday, April 25, 2013

Something Good

Something good from from leftovers.  As you may guess I haven't been doing much cooking for the past few days and I didn't really want to drive to go out to eat.  I am trying to save for the next big "event" which will be surgery and stint placement of a stint in the right eye.

So...I have a bowl full of leftover cooked potatoes, leftover meat that was so tough that it was almost un-chewable, various liquids from previous cooking.  I put everything into the blender, even the potato skins and whirled away.  I added some garlic powder, some onion flakes and water to the already blended 'taters and buzzed some more.  I thought I got too much garlic powder into the mix, but it turned out to be a very good, hearty potato soup.  I have enough for several meals, ready to pop into the microwave.

"Wast not, want not."  The French are famous for always having something on the back burner, simmering away.  Even 'though I made good use of lots of leftovers, I still need to go to the store for milk and a few small items.  I also need to get a hair cut quite badly.  Tomorrow I go back to the Dr. to have my eye checked.  "Dr. there is something in my eye!"  It will require careful driving and no back parking.

Here is something that I mentioned before an will again.  You can take an ordinary mason/canning jar, screw it on to the blades of your blender and use it instead of the  original blender pitcher.  It is a lot easier to wash, too.  If you should break the original blender pitcher, you can replace it with a good ol' mason jar.  Yup, it works.

There isn't much more to write about.  I did get my hair done, but forgot to pick up the milk.  I hope to remember to get milk tomorrow on the way back from the Dr.
+++
 
FOR WITH GOD
NOTHING
SHALL BE
IMPOSSIBLE.
 
Luke 1: 37
 
***
 
When I was a kid I used to wonder what the expression of "Luke Warm" meant as Luke left his business of tax collecting to follow Jesus.  So...I still wonder.  It is less than complimentary to have a slogan of lack-luster identification named after you.  Poor Luke.  Hot or just warm, he did pen one of the gospels for us, didn't he.
 
END
 
 
P.S.  I am still making lots of typos
and it takes me a while
to correct everything.
Sorry.
 
  
 



No comments: