Wednesday, April 10, 2013

WHEN YOU NEED REST...

Yesterday stressed me out with all the testing that I went through so I decided that I would take this day and rest.  Initially I thought today would be a good work day, and it was as the temperature climbed into the '80's.  However, I felt more like resting than working.  Sometimes you just need to ignore what needs to be done, knowing unless something is urgent or really important, there is a tomorrow on the calender.  At least my calender indicates there is, and we all know that calenders and weight scales never lie.

WHEN YOU NEED
PEACE AND REST:
 
"COME TO ME
ALL YOU WHO LABOR
AND ARE BURDENED,
AND I WILL GIVE YOU REST.
TAKE MY YOKE UPON YOU
AND LEARN FROM ME,
FOR I AM MEEK AND HUMBLE
OF HEART;
AND YOU WILL FIND
REST FOR YOUR SOULS.
FOR MY YOKE IS EASY,
AND MY BURDEN IS LIGHT."
 
Matthew 11: 28-30
 
I suppose I took this passage literally because I fell asleep sitting up on the couch.  When I do that I get a crick in my neck so I try not to do that.  I went to my bed and took a nap.
I hope those that read this are not as lazy as I am.
 
END

 
 



No comments: