Monday, April 1, 2013

Promises made and kept during Lent



Lent is over and I hope my little penances and resolutions will stick like glue.  I think that overall I tried to do to much for Lent and it wore me out.  After Easter Vigil I came home and slept for 12 hours straight.  I'm not a kid anymore and I am well aware of it.

For the next few days I think that I will spend some time in cleaning house and doing some small odd jobs. There is always something that needs to be done and little things that I have put off until "tomorrow."  I think tomorrow has arrived.


There is the promise of a few really good, warm days in the middle of the week and onward.  Perhaps Mother nature has finally taken off her boots and coat and tossed them into the closet.  It may turn out to be like last year; to go from winter and cold right into summer.

Now then; about dieting.  I have re-gained five pounds.  During the Lenten Season I was out frequently and did not eat properly.  I ate a lot of sandwiches or fast food.  Hence...bread.  Too much bread and or fried foods.  While I was not being a glutton, I was eating all the wrong foods.  Now, it is time to get back on the diet wagon to get rid of the five pounds and more.  Getting outside and working in the yard will help lose some weight, too.

Tomorrow I will pull the mower out of the shed and on to the back patio or inside the porch and charge up the battery.  The weeds are growing and need attention.  The back is worse than the front.  I may be able to mow the back on Wed. afternoon, if it doesn't rain.

So...I don't know any other news and I am sure you find this much boring.  Actually...I bore myself!

END







No comments: