Thursday, April 11, 2013


 
Well, this was a rainy, dreary day.  We did "dodge the bullet" as most of the severe weather was west and south of where I park myself.  We did have some wind of 45 mph, but no damage.  Lots and lots of rain and it came down in buckets, pooling in the front yard.  I guess the drought is over.
 
As it rained so long and hard I stayed in;  see...I AM smart enough to come in from the rain!  The temperature was in the '80's yesterday and now it is down to 48 and falling.  You never know what kind of weather you will get in the Ohio River Valley.
 
+++
 
THEN GOD SAID,
"LET THE WATERS
ABOUND WITH LIFE,
AND ABOVE THE EARTH
LET WINGED
CREATURES
FLY BELOW
THE FIRMAMENT
OF THE HEAVENS."
AND SO IT WAS.
 
***
 
Genesis 2: 20
 
 
Yes, I am still in Genesis and yes, I have skipped a few verses.  This just seemed so appropriate for the day and conditions.  The few birds I spotted seemed to be intent on finding a little cover from the wind and rain; not doing much flitting around in the heavens.  Smart winged creatures...like me and didn't want to get wet.  It is always amazing how we can apply almost everything in the Bible to our every day lives not matter how mundane-ordinary-or extraordinary the day may seem.  To me...every day is extraordinary and special...I am....I was created...I am loved...I live by the Grace of God for His purpose.

 
 
END

No comments: