Monday, April 15, 2013

Tomorrow I get poked in the I



I got a lot done today in preparation for the next few days when I can't get much done due to the eye surgery in the morning.  I still didn't get all the things done that I wanted to get done or thought that needed to be done and out of the way.  I did get the yard picked up and mowed.  That is something that really was a necessity.  So, no straining or doing hard labor for about 3 weeks.  The surgery will not take very long, but the placement of the stint is supposed to be a little tricky so it may take a little more time to insert into the right area.  Hopefully the stint will take care of the bleeding in the back of the eye.

I kept the washing machine going all day, washing everything in sight.  I went out and got TV dinners so I won't need to cook much in the next few days.  I also went to the bank...gee...I hope I have enough money to cover all the deductibles.  At one time my insurance was fairly good; not so good these days as I keep getting new bills in the mail.  Thank  you very much Mr. President.

As I  was working hard at not working I wasn't aware of the news until later in the day.  And then I cried.  What has happened to our country that we kill and maim our own citizens?  People kill:  Guns and bombs, knives and even cars are only tools the fractured minds of those that inflict pain and death upon the innocent.

I will not be posting tomorrow or maybe for a couple of days.  I am not looking froward to being "grounded."  Instead I will count my blessings.

+++
 
 
MY STRENGTH
AND MY COURAGE
IS THE LORD,
AND HE HAS BEEN
MY SAVIOUR.
HE IS MY GOD
AND I PRAISE HIM;
THE GOD OF
MY FATHER
AND I EXTOL HIM.
 
***
Gen. 15: vs. 2
 
I take things out of Genesis that seem to be appropriate for my life and times, of the moment.  The above verse seems fit me at present....and always.  The Scriptures are always "right on," yesterday, today and tomorrow.  The Scriptures never get old; you always find something new that you didn't know before or a verse(s) that passed through your understanding, that you didn't comprehend in previous readings.  Read and re-read.  I do.
 
 
END

No comments: