Monday, March 11, 2013

HOLY SMOKE!

Holy Smoke!  Well, maybe not so holy after all.  I burned the onions...black!  Hack, hack, cough, wheeze.  So, how did I do that?  Easy.  I turned the burner up to high and then turned around to do something else. I didn't turn around until the kitchen was filled with..gasp..hack..cough..smoke.   That will teach me the next time I want a pan full of caramelized onion..maybe.
 
I expect that in a few days or so I and millions of others will see real "Holy Smoke" emitting from the Vatican as a new Pope is elected.  I will follow the election news on TV as much as possible.  Everything is speculation as the Cardinals politic for the Chair of Saint Peter.
 
I am going to touch on a subject that I have written about before and that is of preparedness.  As I live in an area that occ. has some very unpredictable or rough weather, I keep at least five gallons of water on hand, canned food, candles, lamps and lamp oil.  I do have other items ready in case the electricity goes or power goes down there isn't water flowing from the pipes.  Yes, all these things have happened and will happen again in the future.  Be ready for whatever nature sends your way.
 
You do not need to go out and spend a lot of money on basic supplies.  You can build up your food stock one can at a time.  When I empty a milk jug I refill it with water.  I buy a few candles here and there and have matches in a can for safety.  You do not have to become a big spender..prepper.  Just have what you or your family may need for a few days.  Oh, there is a lot more you can do so that you are ready for foul weather, but at least have the basics.  Cheat Mother Nature and be safe.
 
+++



 
LO,
I AM WITH
YOU ALWAYS,
EVEN UNTIL
THE END
OF TIME.
Matthew 28: 20
 
You may be able to outwit Mother Nature, but you can not stop time.  What was yesterday is today and what is now is tomorrow.
 
END

No comments: