Tuesday, January 15, 2013

GOD EMPOWERS YOU

Yesterday was a gray, cloudy day and I was sure it was going to snow as the sky looked like a blanket of snow clouds.  It didn't snow.  Today, south of here, Tennessee is having an ice storm.  We will get a small taste of it, but not as much as those in the southern climes.  Even Texas had snow and very low temperatures.  I am glad that I am in with my books, warm and dry and not having to drive on any slick street

As this is just the middle of January, we still have a ways to go to be free of winter vagaries.  There are two birthdays in my family during the month of January.  One is that of my sister who has passed away and the other is for my brother who has had a massive stroke.   Time moves on and takes us with it on one sense or another. There is no catching up or doing over, so make this love affair with life a good one.


+++
 
WHAT YOU
HAVE NOT
SAVED
IN YOUR
YOUTH,
HOW WILL
YOU ACQUIRE
IN YOUR
OLD AGE?
 
Sirach 25:3
 
A really good passage, I think.  We have lost our empowerment...our Independence. We are the  collective property of the governments we toil under.  We have enslaved ourselves not to God, but to ideologies. God will take you back into His loving embrace.  Societies seldom do.
 
END
 







No comments: