Thursday, January 3, 2013

Walk a straight path

I am just about done...wrapping gifts for the Epiphany Party.  I need to wrap a big box that I can't carry as it is heavy.  Also, I have 5 dozen eggs that I have to turn into deviled eggs.  I really don't like doing deviled eggs.  I will be glad to have it all done and over.  It is probably going to our last big party with the residents.  I hope they enjoy this last blast.

I have been looking through my old missal.  Some things or translations never change and some parts are not all that recognizable.  It is interesting to try to place the feasts, Holy Days of Obligation and the correct order of the saints in the proper places.  While some feasts and occasionally a Holy Day are "movable" the feasts of the saints stays pretty much the same-except that there are a few "new" saints that are not in my old missal.  My missal is such good condition that I hate to part with it.  And I have the little missal that my mother gave me for my 18th birthday.  I will never part with that...at lest not in this life.  I am kind of sentimental that way.

Another cold one; no, not a cold beer.  It will get down in the teens again tonight and ten maybe to start a slow warm up.  I am all for warm ups and hot chocolate.

+++ 
I WILL CAUSE THEM
TO WALK
BY THE RIVERS
OF WATER
IN A STRAIGHT WAY,
WHEREIN THEY
SHALL NOT STUMBLE.
 
Jeremiah 31: 9
 
Do you stumble?  I know I do...quite frequently.  I'd be a liar if I said I didn't.  I don't know of too many people that don't take a misstep, stub the toes or even fall flat on their faces at one time or another.  The great thing is that we can be "picked up" by the Lord, set on our feet again and given the chance to stumble on over and over.  Yes, I do miss a step here and there and I bet you do, too.  Because we are God's people we are given ample opportunity walk on, always trying to keep straight on the path of light and right, love and glorification of our Lord.  Pick me up, Lord, that I may try again.
 
END
 


No comments: