Wednesday, January 23, 2013

MANNA FROM HEAVEN

I had to go out today.  I went to mass first.  Then I went to the Social Security Office...which was closed.  Even so, they have an armed officer in the building.  I guess they think some little old man or woman is a threat to them.  As I need to go to another appointment tomorrow I probably can not get back to the S. S. office before Monday.  It is supposed to snow tomorrow eve. and if it does then even going to mass on Friday is questionable.  I would like to go to mass, if nothing else.

My appointment for tomorrow is all about eyes.  No big secret there, as I have glaucoma and the pressure is up.  So I will go "over yonder" to the experts who will shine a very bright light into my eyes and go..."hmm..ahha...umm.  Now we see the problem, your a wee bit vacant in the very back!"  Well, I could tell them that!

I have already had two laser treatments for a weeping vessel, but this time I think I just have "old eyes."  That does not rule out more laser surgery because it is a treatment used for glaucoma, too.  We will see...that is a pun, of course!

Other than that there isn't much going on except that I am busy and would rather just stay home and read a good book.

+++
 
IN THE
BOOK OF EXODUS THERE IS
MANY REFERENCE CE
TO THE MANNA OR BREAD
THAT GOD DELIVERED
TH HIS PEOPLE
AS THEY WANDERED
THROUGH THE DESERT
FOR 40 YEARS.
SOME PEOPLE WONDER WHY
GOD JUST DIDN'T SHOW
MOSES'S TRIBE THE WAY
TO THE PROMISED LAND
SOONER THAN LATER
OR WHY IT TOOK SO LONG
TO MAKE THE JOURNEY.
IN EXODUS YOU WILL READ
THAT THE JOURNEY
WAS MADE IN STAGES.
AS THE PEOPLE WANDERED
THEY WERE OFTEN TESTED
AND OFTEN FOUND WANTING.
THEY WERE BEING FORGED
BY TRIAL AND ADVERSITY,
OFTEN BY THEIR OWN
WRONG CHOICES.
AND YET GOD STAYED
WITH THEM AND PROVIDED
THEM WITH MANNA
AND LEAD THEM TO WATER
FROM THE ROCKS,
SUSTAINING HIS PEOPLE
THROUGH OUT.
 
As I read the book of Exodus I think of how much we are like the people of Moses.  God has not abandoned us...yet.  We are just as hard-headed and often wrong-minded as the followers of Moses, in the desert. If you will, read ch.15 and 16 or more.Within you will find the prefigure of the Eucharist and the coming of Christ as well.  This is the year of the Eucharist...The Bread of Life...Manna.
 
 
END
 

 
 

 
 


No comments: