Thursday, January 31, 2013

BY THE FRUITS OF YOUR LABOR....

Brrrr!  We got some snow...and ice, but later than was predicted as of yesterday.  It came this afternoon, with cold wind and a mixture of whatever was falling from the sky.

I just didn't want to get up this morning and face a bitter, cold day.  Finally I crawled out of my warm cocoon and went to Mass.  I just made it.  Now tomorrow is going to start out cold and icy, too.  It isn't that I don't want to go to Mass, but that I have become paranoid since falling and breaking my arm a while back.  I just don't want to go through that again as my arm has never become fully functional.  So...if the weather outside looks frightening or dangerous, I will stay in and watch it from the window.

I did make it to the library today and brought home three books.  That should occupy me for a little bit.  I also made it to the Social Security Office and got a paper I needed.  Now, if the weather is friendly I will get out to Mass in the morning and then make a trip to the bank.  I have put that off all week.  I aso need to go to the store and get milk...or buy a cow!  I need my milk!  That has been the gist of my day...boring, yes?

+++
 
FOR TO ME
TO LIVE IN CHRIST
AND TO DIE
IS GAIN,
BUT IF TO LIVE
IN THE FLESH
IS MY LOT
THIS MEANS FOR ME
FRUITFUL,
AND I DO NOT KNOW
WHICH TO CHOSE
 
Philippians 1: 21-22
 
When I was trying to find the Social Security Office I went to the wrong building.  I was in the office where you apply for Medicaid.  It was full of young woman.  There are many young people that need the benefits of Medicaid, but I was surprised that most of them were dressed far better than I,  and for the most part, driving nicer cars.  While I see the need of this social service, I think that many are not living by the fruits of their labor, but from the fruits of the hard work of others.  I know that we do not always get to make our own choices or they are often made for us, like it or not.  I just think that we as a society could do a whole lot better.
 
END
 
.

 
  

 




No comments: