Saturday, February 2, 2013

GLORIFY GOD IN SPEECH

 I feel as if I am sitting within an iceberg.  I put on an extra pair of socks for cold feet.  I have cut back my heat a little as the utility bill has doubled.  I did did shut of the electric heater.  That is the biggest user of energy. 

We had some ice and a small amount of snow.  It was 11 degrees when I got up this morning with a wind chill factor of ZIP-zero-0.  I stayed home.  I feel a little guilty that I didn't make it out for First Friday Mass. but I am sure that I wasn't the only one to not brave the bitter cold and ice.

So...I stayed in near the furnace and read some.  I think got new books from the library just in time.  If I have books I don't get "cabin fever."  I did some good cooking, too.  If it stays cold next week I might make some home-made bread.  That will heat up the kitchen, for certain!

So...I intend to get under the covers soon and try to warm up.  I'm not coming out from under until spring!

+++
 
GOD IS THE ONE
WHO MADE
ALL THINGS,
AND ALL THINGS
ARE FOR HIS GLORY.
HE WANTED
MANY CHILDREN
TO SHARE
HIS GLORY.
 
Hebrews 2: 10 (NCV)
 
The other night I was listening to a well know radio host and his guest talking about how so many young people are using that famous "four letter word" in everyday conversation, over and over.  We are judged by what and how we speak-what comes out of our mouth.  It doesn't take intelligence to spew forth foul language.  It is more in the line of "stupid is, what stupid says" and Stupid One can not or will not use acceptable vocabulary and grammar.  Vile, foul, vulgar, word usage is now getting people fired from their jobs.  The pendulum is now swinging back toward conservatism, good manners and ethical behavior.  We want to always speak in a manner that Glorifies God.  Do you speak with respect and decorum?  If we converse with a cruddy mouth, the  do we not have a cruddy heart?  Does your speech glorify the God who made your or do you sound like someone who eats dirt?
 
END
 
 
 

 
 
 
 

No comments: