Monday, February 11, 2013

WHAT GOD WANTS

God isn't dead and the Pope isn't either.  While newsworthy, the retirement of the Pope shouldn't put the whole world in a tizzy and rock the Church.  Let the Pope retire in peace.  The church will continue on.  No one lives forever in this world.  As a  priest can retire at the age of 75, a frail Pope can resign at the age of 85.  The yoke has been heavy, the spirit has been willing, but the body betrays us all.
 
As lent is really upon us, I have already started "gearing up" for it.  The one thing that I will do and share with everyone, is to give up TV for the Lenten season. I tell you this because we are all...well, many of us, are enslaved to the television.  My TV will go into retirement via Insight until Easter.  I am making a list of what I wish to do for Lent, but I will not reveal my hopes of accomplishments, lest I fail.  If I fail only God and I will know it.
 
Last year my goal was to pray the rosary three times a day.  I did keep to my goal, but it wasn't easy.  Nothing worthy is easy or a walk in the park.
 
My church is discontinuing the noon time Mass.  This does make me happy and I am sure that those of us that go that mass are not too thrilled, either.  It is a time that many older, infirm or sick can go to without having to get up at five to make it to a seven a. m. mass.  By lunch time most snow, ice or rain has gone which is good for the elderly.  The church is not right next door and I and others have to drive there in the dark and foul weather...nope, happy I am not. 
 
+++
 
GOD'S GRACIOUS
WORD
CAN MAKE YOU
INTO WHAT
HE WANTS
YOU TO BE
AND GIVES YOU
EVERYTHING
YOU COULD
POSSIBLY NEED.
 
Act 20: 12(msg)
 
I think most of us spend our lives trying to figure out what God wants us to be...what he wants of us.  It is simple, yet very hard to do at times.  God just wants us to love Him and glorify His name, and He will do the rest.
 
END 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 

No comments: