Monday, February 4, 2013

GOD WATCHES OVER CATS, TOO

On the way to  the bank I got hit by a cat.  Really.  The cat hit me.  Obviously it was not an urban feline and did not know that it was supposed to look both ways before crossing the street.  Instead it shot across the street as if Marmaduke, the big, brown dog was hot on his trail...or tail.  Said cat slammed right into the rear quarter panel behind the wheel of my van.  I did stop to see what had smacked into my van, but the cat kept right on going as if it tail was on fire.  As said cat tore off and kept on flying, I can only surmise that it did not suffer everlasting injury.  While I am not a cat lover it is not my intention to cause cats pain or distress.

Novels start as; "It was a dark and windy (or stormy) night," and you are never, ever supposed to start your great literary novel that way.  So I will just say it was a cloudy, windy day, with rain slapping in my face.  "In your face! says Mother Nature.  I wish Mother Nature would get her act together and decide which way she wants to go: snow..rain..sleet..or what?  I did not want to go out today as the weather was so changeable.  At least most of the snow is gone, washed away with all the salt and road grime. 

Right now I am thinking that I need a new tiller for the garden in my mind.  I hope to put in a good garden this spring and get lots of good vegetables to eat, can and or freeze.  My old tiller just isn't what it used to be, esp. as it is missing a carburetor and a gas tank.  If I could find spare parts for it I could save some money.  Thus far, the garden is in my imagination, waiting to become a reality.  "Money is the root of all evil," but it takes money to put your garden into a real plot of dirt.  No, I can't just dig it up by hand.

+++
 
THE LORD MADE
TO GROW,
OUT OF THE GROUND
ALL KIND OF TREES,
PLEASANT TO THE SIGHT
AND GOOD FOR FOOD,
THE TREE OF LIFE,
ALSO IN THE MIDST
OF THE GARDEN,
AND THE KNOWLEDGE
OF GOOD AND EVIL.
 
Gen. 2: 9
 
While it is awesome that God created the earth and man out of the void, and gave him dominion over all the seas, animals and plants, leave it to man to mess things up and blame it on a woman!  Like Eve twisted Adam's arm and forced him to eat that apple.  She must have been a Summa Wrestler!  Adam did have free will and made the choice, right?  Right!  So now we must earn our bread by the sweat of our brow.  Thanks a lot Adam.  Actually, I am quite willing to put in the sweat and time because I enjoy fresh food from the garden...and eating it.
 
END


No comments: