Friday, February 15, 2013

IN GOD'S IMAGE

Do you know that your made in the image of God?  It says so in the Bible.  Your going to say, if that is true, then what about so and so, or someone you know or see, hear of or care about?  If you are in doubt, look into your mirror.  You will see your own image.  It is a reflection of who you are, not what you are.  It is not the true image of you.  And it is so with God.  We are made in His image...a reflection of God, but we are not clones or exact copies of God.

If you look into a cracked or warped mirror you will peer upon a distorted vision of your self.  And often we chose to see a less than perfect picture of God, mostly because we don't understand what scripture intends us see; not the physical, but the Spirit.  

The essence of God or His image is within.  It is the spirit of God that we should see shinning forth in all that we say and do; how we live our lives and portray His image.
 
There are a lot of theological discourses on the scriptural meanings of what was written; that man and  woman were made in God's likeness.  You can look it up and read directly from your Bible, if you wish.  Also, you can find more information on the Internet...better than I can give.  I have  a tendency over-simplify.

See: Gen 1: 26-27
1 Cor. 11:7
Acts 17: 29

Because we are in the very first days of Lent , as in the first days Genesis, it would be good to know where we are derived from,  and therefore try to act and live according to His image.

+++
 
GOD IS THE ONE
WHO MADE
ALL THINGS,
AND ALL THINGS
ARE FOR HIS GLORY.
HE WANTED
TO HAVE MANY
CHILDREN
TO SHARE HIS
GLORY.
 
Hebrews 2: 10 (NVC)
 
I spent most of this day in a "cleaning frenzy."  The last time I got into a cleaning frenzy I broke my arm, forever never to be the same.  I gave my washer and dryer a good work-out, too.  It takes me forever to do what used to take a lot less time.
 
My TV is off for the next 40 days and my house is very quiet.  During this time I am doing extra prayers.  I guess my "penance" is house work as it much harder for me to do than it was three years ago, yet I count it a blessing that I can still do what is required, if only a lot slower.  I just need to be careful and not trip over cords!
 
I started cleaning out the pantry and took some canned goods to Saint Vincent De Paul's.  I suppose that will have to be my alms-giving as I am not overly rich.  There are more canned good to go.  I wish I could do more.
 
 
END
 




No comments: