Monday, February 25, 2013

Daily Intents

I took a day off from this blog.  And I took the liberty of sleeping late Saturday morning.  Sometimes I just need to stop and charge my batteries.

I fell behind in my Lenten reading, but I caught up today.  And, even though it is Monday I stayed in to do what I needed to do.  Some of that was to wash and dry cloths, fold and put them away.  Tomorrow, on Tuesday, I need rev up my engine and go to the store.  I only need a few things so that won't take me long.

It is chilly and damp.  Rain is coming.  We are having a couple days of rain and on Wed. It is supposed to be a mixture of rain and snow.  God made the rain, but I have cold feet!

Today is page or lesson 13 in my little book of spiritual enlightenment. The lessons given are not always easy to practice, but are practical.  Being that we are human...we are not always practical, let alone always able to practice what is preached.  It is one thing to read what is pleasing to the Lord, but often is not what we do or know what the Lord expects of us.  How many times have you heard the expression, "practice what you preach?"

The Lord wants us to love him completely.
"Love the Lord your God with all your hearts and with all your mind and with all your strength."  Mark wrote that in Ch. 12: 30 (NIV).  Do you do that?  Even the saints stumbled, as do we all.  God knew that we would and that is why He forgives us in our weaknesses and for our many sins.  The Lord wants us to do better...try harder...give it the "old college try" every day.  Each day is a new opportunity to love the Lord.  Now is a good time to start because our days are numbered and our allotted span on this earthly plain is short.  We all better "get cracking."

You may think, 'well, it is easy for you to say, but do you live by what you write?'  It is an ever on-going effort to love the Lord as He has asked of me...of all of us.  I do trip over my own tongue often and think uncharitable thoughts.  I often falter throughout the day.  I can only say the intent is there...to love and give
God homage due.

The Season of Lent is a time for a lot of introspection and mostly this blog is about my own internal motivation, personal meditation and personal prayers.  I hope I improve in my daily encounters with and for the love of Christ, my Lord.

END



No comments: