Wednesday, February 13, 2013

CHRIST FOREWORD

 
 
I AM YOUR CREATOR.
YOU WERE IN MY CARE
EVEN BEFORE
YOU WERE BORN.
 
ISAIAH 44:2 a
(CEV)
CONTEMPORARY ENGLISH VERSION
 
 
 
 I thought I would change or move some of the text around a bit. Change is good and this Lenten season is all about change.  After all, I know that readers don't come here because I am beautiful, rich or saintly.  The readers come to this post because they want to hear more about God.  So, I have put right it right on top where it is readily assessable and they do not need to wade through my drivel.  I regret that I do not do a better job of presenting The Word of God.

Sometimes I think we have the wrong slant on what Lent should be.  As I do not argue with the Church or tradition, I just think we should put more emphasis on the positive teachings of Christ.  As you read the NEW TESTAMENT you will see that Christ preached and lived without teaching very much in the negative.  Christ was a foreword thinking, foreword moving, engaging kind of NEW MAN, the Son of God.  We are God's children and we need to be as close to His image and ways as we can get.  We mimic our parents and we should mimic Christ as well.

I pray everyone has a productive, positive Lenten season with multiple spiritual blessings

END

 

No comments: