Friday, February 8, 2013

GREAT MEN BELIEVE..SMALL MEN DON'T


Whoever said that we were going to have a warm winter did not confer with Mother Nature or to The God of Wind, and forgot to seek out Jack Frost's opinion.  They were wrong and could have asked anyone with arthritis or painful joints just how the winds would blow.   We know before the weather man does, even with his big satellites in the sky, the winter is and will be erratic.

Yesterday it was 65 degrees and today it is a balmy 32 degrees and gray.  We had rain while the east is getting snow.  Cold and dreary...I like it not.  Some like it cold, some like it hot...me...I like it just right: around 70 degrees pleases me.

+++
 
"SURELY
GOD WOULD NOT
HAVE CREATED
SUCH A BEING
AS MAN
TO EXIST
ONLY FOR A DAY!
NO, NO,
MAN WAS MADE
FOR
IMMORTALITY."
 
These are the words of Abraham Lincoln.
 
+++
 
GOD HAS PLANTED
ETERNITY...
IN THE HUMAN HEART
 
Ecclesiastes.3: 11
 
There is a book out there somewhere that states that man is hardwired to believe in God.  I remember that the book was controversial at the time, as in essence the author seemed to be saying that there was no God.  I didn't read the book so I don't really know what the author was trying to convey.  There will always be believers and disbelievers.  Abraham Lincoln believed in God and read the bible every day.  He was possibly our greatest president.  He believed...and so do I.
 
 
END
 
 


 


No comments: