Wednesday, February 27, 2013

YOU AND I ARE LOVED

Do you feel the presence of God?  Has God come up to you, tapped you on the shoulder and said, "Here I am, did you call?  It isn't likely, but not impossible, that we would hear from Him directly.  Yet, He is in everything we see, hear, do and experience.  It is we who should be seeking and speaking to God and saying, 'Here I am Lord...do with me what you will.'

In this time of Lent it is often hard to keep the faith in what we set out to achieve in the name of penance.  It is also hard to have a relationship with a God that we can not see or feel.  We trust in the Lord and know that He is ever-present in our lives, even if we can not feel Him or makes His presence known to us.  He is there.  It is called faith, and in faith we give Him our adoration and love.

I can't see the wind, but I know that the wind is there.  I can't see a radio wave, but I know that the radio plays and the TV is "live" and often annoying.  We tend to tune out the radio and TV...and God.  He doesn't tune us out, even if you don't get a text message from Him.  God is constant.  We are not.

Lent is hard at times because we are not consistent in our intent, our love and our faith.  We waver and flit...like the wind.  Sometimes the wind blows where it will as we are inclined to do, also.  If you don't have a direct link to God, don't despair.  Some of the greatest saints went for years without feeling the presence of God.  They kept the faith...never gave up...never shut the door in the face of God.  Keep the door open, the wind will flow into our hearts and souls...it is what God wants...an invitation into our lives...full scale.

Now Job was a whiny, kind of bitter complaining guy who was beset with all kinds of bad days and years, plagues and losses.  We would do well to remember that Job never lost his faith even though he mumbled and grumbled for 37 years, he never lost his faith or doubted in God.  Read the book of Job and think of how much nicer we have it.  I, for one, would not cope well with boils and blisters and all the major upsets that Job endured.

Thus, I try to stick closely with what I have
resolved to do in this Lenten Season.  While I tend to think that I may have determined to "do too much," it really isn't.  I have not been nailed to a cross to die in agony for all my transgressions.  Love the Lord as He has and does love you(all of us).  After all, He died for you and I.  Can we not have faith, adoration and love for Him in return?

END

No comments: