Wednesday, May 8, 2013

CONFUSION VS. PRAYERS

I've lost my debt card...or misplaced it.  I have hunted everywhere for it and can't find it.  In the process of hunting for something, I did a little bit of gleaning or cleaning.  Still can't find it.  I remembered that I had another card in the desk and retrieved it.  I would still like to find the original.  Now you know how this day has gone; looking, looking everywhere.

I am trying to diet again and have dropped a pound of the five I gained back after Lent was over.  I would really like to lose about fifteen pounds more.  That would be nice.

I have a bruise on my arm.  I keep running into things.  I will be glad when I can order new glasses and I can see where I'm going.

The things I wanted to get done today fell by the wayside because I spent so much time looking for my bank card.  Maybe I can catch up tomorrow.  The grass is getting high, but not as high as my neighbor's.  On both sides of me are miniature hay fields.

+++
 
FOR GOD
IS NOT
THE
AUTHOR
OF CONFUSION,
BUT OF PEACE.
1 Corinthians 14: 33
 
 I knew my bank card was here somewhere and if I kept looking for it I would find it.  Here it is 11: P.M. and I found it, in the last place that I looked...right in front of me, under a sheet of paper.  Now if that isn't confusion I don't know what is.  I'm glad I kept my cool and continued to look for my bank card.  Now if only I had lots of  money in my account!
 
I think we often let confusion reign over our lives rather than seek a peaceful solution to all of our daily problems.  We should seek peace, rather than turmoil.  Not everyone is able to find peace in their lives.  Instead, I meet many who are actively seeking daily disturbances, worry and anxiety, and aren't even aware of grasping in the dark.  We all have these moments from time to time, some more than others due to cercumstances they have no control over. Take a deep breath, say a prayer and remember that the world has a lot of beauty and love in it.  All things work out...according to God's plan and not ours. Prayers change everything.
 
END


No comments: