Monday, May 6, 2013

LUSH KENTUCKY



Kentucky Rain...and lots of it.  No wonder my niece said everything looks so lush.  It is starting to look like a rain forest.

I discovered that driving at night in the rain with one eye focused one way and one eye focused in another way makes driving an experience.  All things work out and I learned not too drive at night until I get both eyes on the same path of visual acuity. 

Today I decided to cook a bit.  I fixed a stuffed pork chop and asparagus.  I started to fix Mac 'n Cheese and found that it was playing "host" to little winged creatures.  I picked them all out and went ahead and cooked the macaroni.  I don't think I missed any(or many), but added a little pepper so I wouldn't know or see the difference!  Extra protein, says I!

As I think about it, the general purpose of sifting flour years ago, was to remove the weevils that got into the flour.  While sifting makes the flour finer and lighter, most of the time it isn't necessary.  Also, katsup was vogue, to originally disguise the taste of rank or near rank meats in the 1800's.  And an old baker told me that was why so much salt was also added to many prepared meat products...so you just couldn't taste anything that was "turning" and needed preserving.  We have come a long way...or have we!  Any one for a rat burger?

+++
 
BE STRONG
AND
OF GOOD
COURAGE,
FEAR NOT,
NOR BE
 AFRAID...
FOR THE LORD
YOUR GOD,
HE IT IS
THAT GOES
WITH YOU;
HE WILL NOT
FAIL YOU,
NOR FORSAKE
YOU.
 
Deuteronomy. 31:6
 
***
 
Never think that God has or will fail you.  We fail ourselves.  We expect that God will answer every whim or prayer.  When he does not we think he has abandoned us or does not hear us.  Someone I know says religion is forever asking God "for this or that," not in giving or loving him as he wants us to.  This is very often true of us.  We try to make bargains with God if he will hear and heed our requests.  There is nothing wrong in praying and asking God for our own needs.  Notice I say needs, not wants.  God asks something of us, also.  He asks that we love one another as he has loved us.  Do you pray for others?  Do you pray for the people you don't like or do not find appealing?  The more we keep in mind that we share this planet with a few billion people, the more effectively our prayers will rise and answered.  It isn't all about me...or us...we are all in this together.  You are loved as one, and as one of many.
 
END


No comments: