Tuesday, May 21, 2013

LET JOY RIEGN



Well, I guess that I have written a lot about my eye surgery and stint placement during the past few weeks; probably too much.  As I have not been out much and had little else to mention, I thought perhaps some might find it of mild interest...or not.  I am really glad it is just about over.

All of have been watching the news out of Oklahoma.  It was and is tragic, esp. when so many children were victims.  Out of chaos  comes peace and order...'though it may be slow and the memories will be ever present.

Some, without doubt, will ask, "Why does God let such bad things happen."  You might better ask why the wind blows, rivers flow or the volcanoes spew ash and fire.  It just happens.  We don't know the answer to everything and we are not meant to.  Take away the searching, inquisitive, mystery of God's universe and you take away the humanity of "being."  It is as God means us to be and the whys and answers to everything.  Even Jesus, when dying on the cross, cried out, "Father, Father, why have you forsaken me?"  In human form and in His humble humanity, there was no answer to His cry.   So it is for us and all who suffer in this life; that we have heaven in the next. If anyone has a different or better answer, let me know.

Negative thoughts, actions and reactions probably cause more deaths than guns, car accidents, overdoses, wars, or homicides.  Nativity is the stuff of anxiety, stress, paranoia, jealousies, bitterness and petty hatreds.  Unless we conquer our negative attitudes and beliefs we will never be happy or know any kind of contentment.  I try to avoid negative thoughts, behavior, and little snivels of "Oh Poor Me"  I try not to live in the past, but for the present and what is to be.

Your going to say, "What a bland life that must be."  Well, no.  I am not immune to any of the little pitfalls that send us to our knees.  I do try to use all and any of the above faults as teaching tool.  I can do better.  I will do better.  The past is over and can not be reclaimed.  Learn from the past for a better today.  Take all things good from yesterday and gaze into the sun(Son) and be happy today, for this day.  Time is so fleeting.  Use it for the best of yourself and others.

+++
 
BE TRULY GLAD.
THERE IS
WONDERFUL
JOY AHEAD.
 
1 Peter 1: 6
 
Got joy?  Make it grow.
 
 
END

 
 








No comments: