Tuesday, May 7, 2013

WANNA BORROW MY BROOM?

The weather man said we would only have a 20% chance of rain today.  We have the 20%.  The rain is copious with thunder and lightning.  Remember Elvis's song, Kentucky Rain? We have it.  Locally we have a saying; "On the river, but never in it."

My niece made it from Denver to Virginia, fighting the rain much of the way.  She is with her mother...my sister...in her time of need.  I believe my other niece will arrive from NJ this week-end.  My nephew is already there.  And the other nephew is in close contact.  I wish I could see well enough to drive and travel;  I would be there, too.  My big sister is very special to me.

My driving is limited right now to getting to Mass, going for a few groceries and very carefully going to see the Dr. on the other side of the big river.  I am able to make a "straight shot" on the highway between here and there, but very timidly behind the wheel.  Sometimes you just have to do what you have to do and bite the bullet.  So be it.
+++
KNOW YE
THAT YOU
ARE
THE TEMPLE
OF GOD
AND THE SPIRIT
OF GOD
DWELLs
WITHIN YOU.
***
1 Corinthians 3: 16
 
You know this, right?  Sometimes we need to be reminded.  Sometimes we forget how to treat our bodies and souls.  Sometimes we take for granted or abuse the gift of life and go about our merry way.  Sometimes we mistreat our friends or families, forgetting that they too, are  temples of the spirit of God.  Even our "enemies" are God created and are holy temples whether we or they know it or not.  We all have a tendency to forget from where we came and our purpose.  We are here to love God...all of us...as he love loves us.  Do you forget at times?  I know that I do because I am a frail human.  It's a good thing God forgives us in our weaknesses and lets us "do over" and become God centered.  Have you swept out your temple lately?  I have a broom I need to use.  My temple has a few cobwebs in the corners.
 
END




No comments: