Saturday, November 28, 2009

All about nothing



The sun is shining and the sky is clear. The temperature is about 68 degrees: just perfect. I could almost plant a garden...or think about one.


My front porch still a bunch of furniture on it, blocking the window and my view. The furniture was giving to me, but I can not move it. It is large and heavy. I tried to move it, but was only able to leave my fingerprints in the dust. The stuff has been out there for five weeks now....people slow down and stare at it as they drive by.


I had some things in mind to do, but got nothing done. I just watched some TV, ate leftovers and read blogs. I did finish a load of cloths and have another load to drop in.


Tuesday, Dec.1, will be the 1 yr. anniversary of flying through the air and badly fracturing my elbow. After a year I still have limited use of it and it still hurts, especially at night or before bad weather. It is what it is, so I am getting used to it.


This past week was for spending money on essential, such as renewal of plates for the van and taxes on it. Before December is over I will have to pay on State Farm. The really good thing is that my electric bill was only $28.00 and the gas bill was $33.22. The total bill was $86.32 with the recycling, sanitation, water, sewer, and school tax added in. I have no complaints there.


If I come out of my lazy streak and button up the house a bit more, watch less TV and in general, watch my conspicuous consumption, I hope to keep my bill close to this level. I know colder weather is coming, so this is not "written on ice."


I put a few canned goods away from the sales. My friend said I could live in my van if I had a can opener. I really do not have a lot of storage space inside so lots of canned food stays outside in the van...good ol' van. Need to get it all inside before a real hard frost hits and the cans pop...yips!


END






















No comments: