Saturday, November 14, 2009

Soup of the Day and It Ain't Pretty





I'm tired of eating Chicken; I had it for lunch. I picked something easy for supper. Bean 'n Bacon soup with Rye Crackers hit the spot. I love the Rye Cracker and the soup. They go well together and both are good for you and for your diet, too.




I got a couple things accomplished today. I have been putting off covering the air conditioner for a while, waiting for colder weather. It's coming. Even 'though we have had several lite frosts the days have been very nice: Indian Summer. I think the Indians are about to pull down their wigwams and pull on out of here.




Usually when I cover the air conditioners I do a fairly decent job, but this year I did a "utility job." I have heavy plastic that I usually drag out, measure, cut, staple and tape to seal out any drafts that leak in around the A/C and window frame. This year I took a short cut. I pulled out a black plastic garbage bag and taped the heck out of it. It isn't pretty, but it works and in the spring time I can just rip it right out of there. It's not that I'm lazy(really?) it just that I am really lazy. It saves wear 'n tear on my arm. Yes, I can use my arm to some degree, but it ain't like it used to be.
There is a new blog up for anyone who is interested in political views, opinions and comments, as well as pictures from the Tea Party participants that assembled in Washington D. C. It is www.BlogginUSA.com and interesting to read.

No comments: