Thursday, November 12, 2009

Gold vs. Food


I've been reading survival blogs like a lot of people. Many of them advocate buying gold as a hedge against an economic collapse or depression. Such advice does not take into account the poor, the elderly or the infirm. These are the major population of this country. The poor are getting poorer much faster and the insurance schemes that now goes before the Senate is a form of population control . That leaves the sick and infirm in a vulnerable position and I guess euthanasia will be the next step the government will broach in order to "save."
I have no gold. I have no intention of trying to buy any. Most of us of the population of the lesser value...can't. There are other criteria that I consider true survival tools and many Americans live and practice these modes of living each day as necessities for getting through hard times.
All the gold that China has will not buy you my last slice of bread or piece of bologna. Gold won't get you through my door and it sure can't keep you warm at night. Try eating a gold coin or snuggling up to it at night for warmth. Gold may become the currency of the land, but if there is nothing to buy, it will buy you nothing.
I continue to urge my friends and relatives and anyone that happens to stumble herein, to stock up, if not for bad times, then for bad weather. I have said it before: STOCK UP.

There are three things you need in life in order to survive: shelter, food and water and cloths. Having close family ties is a bonus, but not always realistic. I could wax philological about guns, knives, survival kits and storage methods, but that isn't my within my expertise or even within my budget . There are many other blogs that cover all the information about weapons and security. No, I just want to remind readers that America is not out of the woods and seems to be getting deeper into the tall timber and heavy brush. So. watch out for Bigfoot 'cause he seems to be carrying a big club as he plows though the forest of higher taxes and infringing laws and regulations. "STORE UP YOUR TREASURES IN HEAVEN."
I went to get my hair done. The poor economy has really affected my hair dressers business. She has had to take on another job of janitorial work in the one of the schools just to keep her shop open. She is not a young person and her health isn't that wonderful. These are sad times for the little business people. Take heed.
END

No comments: