Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Still Green



















I walked through the garden with the intent of cleaning some more dead plants out. I discovered that some plants are still producing in spite a few lite frosts and cool nights. I picked off all the green peppers I could find and even found a few more radishes. There are more radishes growing and as long as the weather holds I will let them continue and see how big they may get.


Did you know that radish leaves are completely edible? I will put some in my salad tonight. You can go online and find recipes for radish leaves. Just be sure to wash the leaves thoroughly. As you can see here I have not washed them yet, but they are now in the sink awaiting a bath.


As for the peppers, there were only a couple that I couldn't use because they hung in the mud and were starting to rot.


In the other picture you can see there is some spinach and Swiss Chard still very green and waiting for cutting. And guess, what...there are still butterflies in the flowers.


I hope that I can buy a new, small tiller in the spring; one small enough for me to use with limited arm power.


Glenn Beck is back on the air and TV tomorrow.


The End

No comments: