Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Me poo' eye

Well, I went to the eye Dr. today and had all the testing done. The bad news is that apparently I have had a laser induced "stroke" in my left eye. This is the same eye that I had laser surgery in about two years the ago for a bleeding vessel in the back of my eye. The good news is that I can't tell the difference and the Dr. said I probably wouldn't. I do have to go back for one more test to rule out tumor(s) which I don't really worry about. I already knew that I have the start of macular degeneration and cataracts. I have had glaucoma for several years which is well controlled.

I charged up the batteries for the camera and took it with me, but I didn't take any pictures. By the time I was finished at the Dr's office it was getting late and I lost interest. I did want to get some shots of the old post office. It is a fabulous building made of large lime stone blocks and almost castle-like. They had talked about tearing it down at one point and did knock down the old Greyhound Terminal, which was also a fine looking building. Europe has history; we keep tearing our history down.

I have all this furniture on the front porch and the weather man says it is supposed to rain tomorrow. I hope not because I can't move the stuff. Too big and heavy for me.

The "snoop lady" from across the street in the hospital with kidney cancer and a "black hole in her spine." It sounds pretty serious and I wish her well even if I did catch her up on my porch looking in my window.

In the last few months I have known three people with kidney cancer. I really think the water has a lot of pollutants in it. I have even seen toilet paper floating down the river . What else is in the water??

1 comment:

Staying Alive said...

You can get in touch with your State Chemist and demand that your water be tested. 3 recent Kidney cancers? I would be getting on this one real fast and quick.

Michael