Friday, March 27, 2009

Sleep

Let me sleep in the morning. After all, I am retired. Its not like I have to get up, go to work, or worry about putting out a dog or gathering eggs(yet), so let me be lazy in the A. M. and sleep. Let me snuggle deep into my feather comforter on theses cold mornings and get up as the spirit moves me. Don't call me at 8 A. M. to tell me that I must hurry and use my credit card before the interest rates go up. I don't use it except for dire circumstances anyway. Don't get my confused with the Spotsville School to tell me your child isn't going to school today. I don't care and its OK by me if your kid stays home as long as I can stay home, too. Don't mix me up with the transmission repair shop 'cause your car won't go. If "your finger does the walking" through the telephone book..your gonna wind up walking, for sure.
If it is my Dr., Dentist or the Candle Stick maker, leave a message. I'll return the call..after I have slept my fill.

I like a late breakfast and early supper. It is due to working many yrs. on the eve. shift, getting home late and going to bed in the wee hrs. after winding down. I like food, but am not the best of cooks, so up until I hurt my arm I ate out a lot. I didn't have all the dishes to wash and if anyone knows anything about KY, then you know it is hot, hot, hot, and intensely humid in the summer. A good reason for not cooking, don't you think?

Now it is a bit harder to go out and I guess I am saving money which is a good thing, right? I guess I will need to watch my nickles and dimes now so I can pay for yard work and all that stuff. I'd rather go out to eat. And I'd rather sleep late, so let me.

END

No comments: