Tuesday, March 24, 2009

MORE GARDENING STUFF

Tomorrow (Wednesday) I am going to get some seeds for the garden. I am not sure what I want to have planted. It is too early for tomatoes. It is supposed to get chilly in the next few days.

Chuck, the handy man , has cleaned up my yard , sprayed the fruit trees and cut back vines and volunteer trees and scrubs. My yard looks nice, but on either side of me the property is quite neglected. I bet the guy next door mowed his yard maybe four times last summer. One the other side the Neighbors piled up a heap of trash and garbage. Last year I had 2 guys come and clear all that fence line out, including their nasty pile of refuse. They were too lazy or backward to take it out for pick-up. It is right back up again. I think I will have to call the city inspector on them. Should have done that last year instead of paying out all that money in order to have a decent yard on my side of the fence.

I think I will have s small chicken coop built. I don't know why I shouldn't have some fresh eggs while their dogs stink up the neighborhood: chickens can't be any worse.

This eve. my arm is giving me fits. The weather is about to change. People with arthritis always know when the weather is about to be fickle. Now I know how they feel.

Anyone out there with any ideas or recipes? I just got 2 new books from Amazon. One about Edible and Medicinal Plants and the other is an Army Survival book. The Army Survival book is a bit outdated, but interesting. It was printed in 1971. The info. about how to handle snake bites is clearly a no-no today, but overall, useful.

End

No comments: