Monday, April 12, 2010

Bees and stuff

Chuck, the man who helped me last year, says he will come till my garden this coming week-end. So I will concentrate on other things. I hope it doesn't doesn't rain because I really want to get the garden in soon. If he does the initial tilling I can take it from there.



My next task is to start some green pepper seeds. I like green peppers esp. stuffed with a filling. Hmm...I think I like everything. But I need to grow stuff first.


I had a huge Bumble Bee get into the kitchen yesterday. The bee is now history. I was sitting on the back patio and spotted a wasp crawling into the smoker. I imagine there is a nest within. Nasty stings, they do give.


I am finishing off some leftovers this eve. I had some rice left over so I added an egg to the rice and scrambled it in a small amt. of bacon grease. It tasted pretty good. I think tomorrow I will use up some left over ham and sweet potatoes with asparagus. Not sure how to fix the veggies 'though. May add an egg to the veggies and "fry" them, too. There isn't anything much better than bacon and eggs unless it is ham and eggs.

I re-mowed the back yard and pulled a few weeds. Tomorrow-Tuesday- I will go over the front and pull a few weeds there, too. As I can't pull the start weed-whacker I will pull what I can.
My elbow keeps "popping." I don't know why, but I am trying to be careful.

Years ago I bought a Parker Pen at about $8.00 dollars. I got a catalog today and they are in the hundreds of dollars. Maybe my old Parker is worth money--maybe not. I bought a gold plated pen a long, time ago, too. I wonder what that may be worth-got gold?

END

No comments: