Thursday, April 29, 2010

WORK DAY

This was a "work day." I tried to get as much done possible be before the oncoming coming storms "scheduled" for Friday/Friday night. I have been in the yard most of the day. but I didn't get everything done that I intended to do, but I gave it a good whirl.

I went over parts of the garden with the baby tiller, raked it off and planted a 30 foot row of corn and a thirty foot row of red potatoes. The potatoes were dinky spuds, but all had good eyes sprouting. They were so small I didn't bother to cut /divide them. If they were really tiny I just tossed in two. I think they will grow just fine.

I got gas for the mower and did the back yard. I hope that I can finish the front before the rains come tomorrow. I also want to plant onions, beets and turnips. After that it will be whatever is left to plant, will get planted. And it is a fair amt. for a small garden. I do like to eat!

It is funny to watch the Robins trot down the fresh rows of worked over dirt and get their buffet. The Robins are not afraid and have a good time torturing worms, tossing them about and than finally chowing down.

I am so tired I don't think I will cook anything. It will be shredded wheat and a banana tonight. I have the will to work hard, but the body is cries "foul!" Bye.

END

No comments: