Monday, April 19, 2010

More on eggs


I guess it was prophetic as I just wrote about preserving eggs-that friends came and brought me 34 dozen eggs. I will keep a few dozen, some I will give to a friend and the rest will go to the Little Sisters of the Poor, a non profit home for the elderly. You may remember that I retired from the Nursing home after 32 years. They put bread and butter on my table and now I will try to put some farm fresh eggs on theirs. The residents love their scrambled eggs in the morning.
It seems that when I look my worst is when people show up at my door. I have been lazying about in sweat pants and a top and wearing old jogging shoes and sure enough, that is when the doorbell starts ringing. As I have to get out and about tomorrow, I will make myself more presentable to the world of culture and dignity.
The man who was supposed to till the garden for me didn't come so I guess I will start again on my own. I guess I should have just kept at it in spite of a funky arm. Phooey.
Some of the tomatoes didn't come up so I restarted about seven pots yesterday. I hope they take. I hope the winter squash appears soon. My onion sets are starting to sprout in the box. I am disappointed that I didn't get them planted as I had planned. I hate waiting on someone else. Hurry up and wait for the garden to be tilled-No. That is what happened last year and I got my garden in late and mostly what someone else wanted. Well, where there is a will, there is a way...or so they say.
I have to get up early and get the eggs over to Nursing Home in the morning so this just a short post.
END

No comments: