Saturday, April 10, 2010

So-sewing and stuff








I finally...finally went to the store to get groceries. I didn't get much; less than $14 dollars worth, but it stuff I have been putting off buying for several weeks. I continue to try to make my money stretch from here to eternity. And that is a long stretch!

What I did buy is bacon, eggs, cheese and bread. The eggs and cheese are for the protein. The bacon is for the fat content and the small amt. of meat protein. The whole wheat bread is for sandwiches. I have lots of Tuna in the closet. Well, a few cans, anyway. Of course I had to have a $99.cent bag of candy. Oops, I forgot-one $99. cent frozen dinner-which I ate already.

I stopped to get $10.00 worth of gas. At $2.83 per gal.(it went down a little)I should have gotten just over 3 gallons of gas. I got under 3 gallons; about 2 3/4 of a gallon. It hardly made the needle move. I only needed enough to go to the store and get home on as I am not driving as much. Of course, I did get home or I wouldn't be typing this, but I feel cheated.
I stayed out of the garden today because I "isn't" as young as I used to be. I will my joints the day off so they can find their proper place. Even 'though tomorrow is Sunday I think I will be back in the garden trying to get a few more feet tilled over.


FOR PREPPERS

lots of needle and thread

good scissors

lots of cloth and scraps

lots of buttons
good treadle sewing machine-if you can find one

bar soap scraps

safety pins, big and small


If you are tossing old cloths out-beyond repair, remove the buttons and thread onto a safety pin. Save good zippers. Save any piece of usable fabric. If your jeans have holes in the knees cut the legs off, hem and use them for shorts. Save the lower leg fabric for quilting or patching. Run thread over a piece of soap to make it easier to thread a needle. Soap will also help keep tangles out of treads that are used for hand mending.Some of this I have written about before, but I thought it wouldn't hurt to go over it again. Save your nickles and dimes where ever you can
I had intended to write about prserving eggs for this Saturday's post, but I forgot to do so. I will have to try for next Saturday.


END




































4

No comments: